An unfortunate fact of expatriate life for U.S. citizens is that the U.S. Treasury demands to know all your worldwide income, even if you do not live in the U.S. As an expatriate U.S. citizen (or green card holder) you are subject to the same tax filing requirements as citizens who live in the U.S. This means that you must report all foreign-based and U.S.-based income. The fact that you may already be paying income tax in your country of residence is irrelevant, as far as the U.S. Treasury is concerned. Although the tax code provides many expatriate-related deductions, exclusions and credits (which, in many cases, can reduce your U.S. tax owed to zero), the fact remains that you must report all income.

If you currently reside in Japan, we can help relieve you of this burden conveniently and efficiently, wherever in the country you may live. If you are located in (or will be visiting) the Kyoto-Osaka area, and would be interested in setting up an initial face-to-face meeting, we would be more than happy to do so. Contact us to set up an appointment!

Our prices are based simply on forms required. Compare this to other preparers who quote two or three one-size-fits-all prices. Our prices are extremely competitive, with no hidden fees. As can be seen in our price list, a typical expat requiring Form 1040, Schedule B, and Forms 2555 and 8879 will pay only ¥20,000, e-filing included. If you anticipate a different set of forms, feel free to take a look at our prices to estimate the total cost of preparing your return.

When you are ready to learn more about what we can do for you, we invite you to contact us.